2 vacancies in the following locations:
Two Permanent Seasonal 18/8 positions will be filled on the Chequamegon-
Nicolet National Forest. Please see the Additional Information section for
duty locations and contact information.
These positions will be filled at the GS-5 level with promotion potential to
The primary purpose of these positions is to perform a variety of complex and
recurring technical duties in support of the unit noxious weed control
Learn more about this
- Conduct field inventories of invasive plant species, and use integrated weed management to control invasive species.
- Follow Federal and State laws and Forest Service policy to independently select the most effective herbicide or control method.
- Work independently or lead a crew in weed control efforts along Forest roads, trails, in the field, and in wilderness designated areas.
- Ensure all environmental and safety requirements are met and chemicals are mixed according to label specifications when using pesticides.
- Maintain daily records and maps of all pesticide applications and monitor effectiveness.
- Calibrate equipment according to pesticide label specifications.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of herbicides, surfactants, fuel, and other supplies for planned projects.
- May be trained as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and administer contracts as needed.
- Serve as a designated inspector for other CORs.
- Assist in field collection of insects and the maintenance of insectaries for biological agents.
- Assist in research projects to include projects with a prescribed burn requirement.
- Assemble, use, and maintain field equipment pertaining to the application of pesticides or controlling invasive plant species.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for site visits, meetings, and/or
training may be required.
Florence, WI, USA