The Associate Geoscientist II is technically responsible to the Project
Geoscientist to provide accurate and pertinent scientific data according to
agreed upon methods, procedures and techniques; and to provide sound
conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and literature
reviews within established project schedules.
- Collect data as prescribed by the scope of work and present it in a logical, coherent manner, including the preparation of written reports, tables, figures and illustrations.
- Complete assigned tasks on schedule and within the budget to the satisfaction of the project management team.
- Maintain auditable and orderly files, notebooks, and correspondence on all project aspects.
- Conduct all work in compliance with technical project specifications and standard operating procedures defined in the project work scope.
- Report project related delays or irregularities to the Project Geoscientist.
- Under the direction of a more senior geoscientist, coordinate laboratory analysis appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of samples.
- Conduct literature searches to compile pertinent information. Critically evaluate and correlate the compiled literature.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the recent investigative works in the field for application on existing and proposed projects.
- Cooperate with senior staff in planning and developing appropriate scopes, budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
- Be aware of client needs and concerns.
- Provide input to the appropriate supervisor when potential project technical quality problems are identified.
- Continue technical education through review of technical periodicals, participation at internal training programs, and attendance at external seminars, workshops, conferences or training sessions.
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures and internal training programs.
- Identify new technologies and techniques and evaluate their applicability and potential benefits for the company.
- Develop data management skills.
- Achieve a high level of current discipline expertise for application to present and future projects.
- Solve technical problems on project with assistance from senior staff.
- Cooperate with senior staff to improve the technical quality of project work.
- Select peer reviewers for informal project reviews.
- Cooperate with the implementation of all project QA/QC audits and reviews, and assist in implementing corrective action where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors degree plus one (1) year of related experience, or Masters Degree.
- Demonstrate ability to work and complete assignments with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn and conduct assigned activities in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate technical competence and willingness to instruct staff in areas of specialization.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and lead.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively by speech and writing to individuals, large groups of peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrate dedication to fostering ethical conduct and professionalism.
- Demonstrate ability to work well as a team member.
Concord, New Hampshire