Senior Program Director, Company Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most
influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions
throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles
the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water
scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website
Description and Responsibilities
Ceres’ Company Network is a collaborative team of sustainable business
strategists who bring a depth of expertise in environmental, social, and
governance issues to guide work with members of the Ceres Company Network.
Ceres member companies commit to solutions-oriented, long-term engagement with
stakeholders and shareholders to improve their sustainability performance. The
Senior Program Director will lead the team’s efforts to make sustainability a
core part of business decision-making for the short and long term. The
position will supervise and mentor a team of issue experts and support staff
to develop and implement effective strategies, initiatives, and campaigns that
advance Ceres’ advocacy mission. They will play a critical role in evaluating
and implementing special projects to grow or enhance Ceres’ impact. The Senior
Program Director, Company Network is a full-time, Boston-based position,
reporting to the Vice President of Networks.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee development and execution of the Company Network’s overall strategies and goals.
- Lead the program team, ensuring they are resourced and empowered to lead on program, staff and budget management to achieve the objectives of their initiatives.
- Supervise staff including hiring, training, setting goals, assessing performance, and supporting professional development.
- Guide and mentor senior staff in strategy development and execution.
- Work in partnership with the Development team to manage and advance relationships and fundraising efforts with major donors to Ceres.
- Identify and foster potential new projects and initiatives to expand the Company Networks impact on driving change in the capital markets
- Oversee strategic communication efforts of the program, including working with Ceres’ Communications and Marketing department to identify and advance strategic opportunities to elevate the profile and impact of the Company Networks’ work.
- Ensure strong coordination between Ceres’ Company Network and other key programs and departments, including the Investor Network, the Government Relations team, Communications and Marketing and the Climate and Energy team.
- Represent Ceres at conferences, seminars, press conferences and senior-level meetings as spokesperson for Ceres and program work.
- At least 15 years of relevant program management experience and 5 years of management and strategy development experience
- Substantial expertise on and understanding of sustainability within the financial services sector, including governance and disclosure systems.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues and an understanding of corporations (including corporate reporting and business strategy tools), the socially responsible investment community, and the environmental and sustainability movements.
- Experience in North American context is required, while understanding the broader internal context for sustainability.
- Demonstrated record of supervising senior staff to achieve organizational programmatic goals and supporting them in professional development
- Experience advancing programmatic strategy and advocacy work essential
- Experience cultivating effective supervisory relationships (across gender identity, race, ethnicity, and socio-economic background) with direct reports and managing senior level to do the same .
- Demonstrated success in both halves of the resource equation—cultivating and closing revenue prospects, and managing and deploying staff and budgets
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising approaches and experience in crafting proposals and managing grants is a plus
- Strong relationship management skills with external partners is necessary for success in the position
- Team player that likes working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written essential, with track record of public speaking blogging and social media writing desirable
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above
- Passion for accelerating and expanding the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves
with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are
interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover
letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional
information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any
individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or
veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA, USA