Tetra Tech’s High Performance Buildings Group brings together the expertise of
talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the
world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering
services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services
include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical
transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire
engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better
Together—Powered by Innovation.
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission
is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative
environments, care deeply about sustainability and want to bring new
engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace
accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you
We are engineers for a sustainable future!
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Act as LEED Project Administrator or oversee junior sustainability strategists on multiple USGBC LEED green building certifications from the initial project charrette to plaque award.
- Lead Living Building Challenge, WELL, Fitwel, and Ecodistricts certifications for single and multiple building developments.
- Develop and track sustainability strategies on projects in collaboration with our engineering, lighting, and commissioning staff.
- Train and manage junior sustainability strategists. (one currently sits in the LA office)
- Speak at conferences, industry events, and Glumac education sessions.
- Write articles for our Sustainability Matters blog and industry publications.
- Regularly develop content for proposals, meet with clients, and support project interviews. ****
Reports to the Chief Sustainability Strategist
- This position will lead or support sustainability projects and initiatives in California.
- The successful candidate will be proficient at project management and communicating sustainability topics to clients, project teams, industry partners and the company.
- As a Senior Sustainability Strategist, the candidate will be responsible for articulating client goals, anticipating solutions, and bringing the most relevant, economically viable sustainability alternatives to project teams and our engineers. The successful candidate will proactively get involved early and often on projects, introducing sustainability options to project teams allowing for more efficient integration during design.
- We are seeking a proactive, self-motivated individual who enjoys advocating for sustainability inside and outside of the company. This includes leading or supporting education initiatives for our employees, including advancing our Corporate Sustainability Reporting, as well as marketing and business development pursuits with our industry partners.
- The Sustainability Strategist’s success will be measured by employee and business value to the firm. Relevant metrics include client feedback, contribution to sustainability-focused project wins, project profitability, employee engagement, and speaking opportunities. ****
The Sustainability Strategist should work to integrate sustainability into the
fabric of the company by acting as a liaison to our clients, employees, and
industry partners seeking to increase their sustainability initiatives. A
successful candidate’s performance will be reviewed after a 90-day trial
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of sustainable design in the building industry
- Enjoys playing to people’s strengths, and finding solutions as a team
- Showcases sustainability leadership for the firm and an eagerness to mentor junior strategists
- Dynamic, passionate, proactive, and self-driven
- LEED AP BD+C or ID+C accreditation is mandatory
- LFA, WELL, Fitwel and/or Ecodistricts accreditations are a bonus
- Experience utilizing LCA tools to analyze carbon impacts from building materials and systems
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written form
- Comfortable speaking, leading meetings and speaking in front of groups
- Able to insert themselves on projects to lead sustainability explorations and goal-setting exercises
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, urban planning, engineering, energy or environmental management, or construction
- At least 6 years in the A/E industry as a sustainability professional ****
Los Angeles, CA, USA