Assistant - Program Team
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most
influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions
throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles
the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water
scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit:
About the Position
The Assistant, Program Team role will work on one of four teams; Climate &
Energy, Company Network, Food and Forests, or Water. Should you have a
specific interest in one team over another, please note that in your cover
The Assistant, Program Team role supports not only a Senior Director of a
program team, but also other senior team members. We seek an energetic, highly
motivated and organized, self-starter to play a critical administrative and
programmatic support role, both internally and externally. This full-time
position reports to the Senior Program Director and will be located in Boston,
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Senior Program Director:
- acting as a primary point of contact,
- prioritizing phone calls, correspondence, and meeting requests,
- managing calendars/schedules, and
- ensuring follow-through of specific activities and projects to completion;
- Support the Senior Director in setting agendas for weekly team meetings, taking and disseminating meeting notes, and ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned, in order to take notes, identify next steps, and ensure follow-through of activities to completion;
- Assist in development and management of team planning, goal setting, and impact tracking, working in concert with Senior Director and project leads;
- Support coordination, logistics, and management of team retreats, working closely with Senior Directors and project leads;
- Assist team in roll out and distribution activities of key reports and special projects;
- Provide event and development activity support for Senior Directors, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and/or presentations, and attending meetings, as needed;
- Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit, and other organization-wide events;
- Book travel, schedule meetings, and draft trip itineraries for Senior Directors;
- Process Senior Directors’ expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties; and
- Support engagements with network members, external partners, funders, and special projects, as necessary.
- Travel to meetings and events, as required.
- Associate degree with 3 years of relevant work experience or Bachelor degree with minimum of one year of relevant work experience. In absence of either associate or bachelor degree, at least 5 years relevant work experience required.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work pro-actively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs, a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves
with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants
should submit a resume, cover letter, a writing sample and a list of three
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any
individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or
veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA, USA