The incumbent will provide professional services in range management, and soil
and water conservation activities while assisting in the planning of
conservation practices on ranches and farms.
This position is located in Santa Fe, NM.
Learn more about this
- Serves as rangeland consultant and advisor to numerous ranchers and farmers in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides individual landowners' evaluations of their resources, identifies problems, and proposes short and/or long term land Improvement alternatives.
- Provides guidance, assistance, and training to field and/or area office personnel to ensure that conservation plans on cooperating farms and ranches provide for the application of technically accurate and adequate practices and measures.
- Develops rangeland management plans.
- Determines need for assistance from other technical experts and makes recommendations to supervisor in terms of type and extent or assistance to be scheduled.
- Assembles, evaluates, and interprets data relating to forage yields, composition changes, and predictions of performance by various forage sources common to the area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Santa Fe, NM, USA