This position is located in the State & Private Forestry Group in the Eastern
Region 9 Regional Office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The position may be filled
at the GS-9 with promotion potential to GS-11.
The position will perform duties related to the State & Private Forestry's
Forest Legacy Program.
For more information please contact Mark Buccowich at email
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone
Learn more about this
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Maintain relationships with employees of Federal and State governments, local officials, and private organizations or landowners who are affected by, or have a shared interest in, the natural resource land management practices and problems.
- Represent management when working with various partners and others to correct improper practices and resolve misunderstanding, complaints or violations of established policies, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Conduct public meetings, workshops, field trips or other forums designed to foster public participation.
- Communicate the program mission and vision to diverse audiences through presentations, strategic plans, work plans, and other oral forms of communications.
- Perform a variety of natural resource analytical and operational activities related to the Forest Legacy Program.
- Inspect natural resource activities for conformance with standards and compliance with program requirements.
- Evaluate diverse environmental conditions and proposed natural resources management actions or changing habitat conditions to address issues and/or successes.
- Complete necessary documentation on conservation easement changes or modifications.
- Summarize collected data for use in reports or by senior professionals who use information to plan projects.
- Communicate the program mission and vision to diverse audiences through presentations, strategic plans, work plans, and other written forms of communications.
Milwaukee, WI, USA