This position is in Region 5, Superfund & Emergency Management Division,
Emergency Response Branch 1, Emergency Response Section 2. If selected, you
must work at the location stated in this announcement. About Region 5: Region
Learn more about this
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Participate in response to the release of oil and/or other hazardous materials as directed by senior On-Scene Coordinator (OSC) or supervisor.
- Assist the senior OSC to exercise warranted Contracting Officer functions in accordance with the Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from the EPA Office of Acquisition Management.
- Assist the senior OSC to conduct official investigations and/or inspections pursuant to all federal laws administered by the U.S. EPA, for both fund-led and enforcement-led removal responses.
- Provide assistance with planning, prevention, and preparedness activities related to health and environmental hazards resulting from releases of biological, chemical and/or radiological agents.
- Participate in the monitoring removal responses that involve hazardous waste as directed by the senior OSC or supervisor, and perform public relations activities.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts,
grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion
potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more
independently, as your career progresses.
One or more positions may be filled.
50% or less - You may be required to travel up to 50% or less of each month.
Ann Arbor, MI, USA