This position is in Region 5, Air and Radiation Division, Air Programs Branch,
State and Tribal Planning Section, in Chicago, IL. If selected, you must work
at the location stated in this announcement. About Region 5: Region
Salary will be based on the grade level for which you are selected.
Learn more about this
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Assist in providing professional scientific/engineering technical, regulatory, and programmatic advice, oversight and assistance to state/local/tribal governments on matters relating to the development, execution, and monitoring of environmental protection policies, plans, and programs.
- Assist in providing professional scientific/engineering technical oversight to state, local, and tribal governments and other entities funded through federal grants.
- Participate in, review, or recommend investigations and/or studies of environmental conditions to support activities such as air quality assessments.
- Apply basic analytical methods and techniques to analyze a limited range of scientific, engineering, environmental protection and/or environmental management issues.
- Assist in reviewing and evaluating a variety of environmental and human health data/data sources to be used in environmental assessment and decision-making through application of concepts in environmental science in relation to visualizing and quantifying environmental data.
You will spend 50% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative
agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion
potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more
independently, as your career progresses.
25% or less - You may be required to travel 25% or less of each month.
Chicago, IL, USA