In this position you will provide technical support for projects implemented
by the Wildlife Services, Feral Swine Program. The technician is supervised by
a Feral Swine Program Biologist. The technician's primary role will be as a
team member, but will be asked to take a lead on some tasks and may serve as a
team leader on routine projects. The technician works within the structured
chain of command for Wildlife Services.
Learn more about this
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- You will be working with a Biosafety level 2 laboratory.
- You may asked to assist with demonstrations and training for Wildlife Services employees, cooperators or other interested groups.
- Provide general support for GIS functions.
- Process incoming samples.
- Perform diagnostic tests for various diseases.
- Work with large data sets and checking entries to ensure results correctly match with animal identification numbers.
- Manipulation of data using excel spreadsheets, sending and tracking shipments, and receiving and logging archive samples.
Fort Collins, CO, USA