Career Opportunity (Job Summary):
We have an opening for an Environmental Manager to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Stevenson Mill in Stevenson, Alabama. Stevenson is centrally located between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees.
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for maintaining an effective environmental management program to comply with regulations for air, water, solid waste, hazardous waste, and right-to-know. Work with all departments to develop methods for cost effective, and long-term improvement of the environment. Implement compliance strategies for new regulatory requirements as appropriate.
How you will impact WestRock (Responsibilities):
· Establish compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste.
· Evaluate and establish controls for facility.
· Supervise operation of effluent system.
· Effective communication with state and federal environmental agencies (workshops, seminars, etc.).
· Perform technical research and special projects.
· Review and confirm compliance with right-to-know.
· Supervise salary environmental engineers.
· Supervise hourly lab personnel.
What you need to succeed
Knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management as well as outside agencies
Stevenson, Alabama 35772, USA