This position is part of the Southern Regional Office Planning Unit in
The incumbent serves the Regional Environmental Coordinator.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact
Stephanie "Lee" Madson at 404-527-9659 and
Learn more about this
- Duties are at the full performance level.
- Function as the regional expert regarding Forest Service National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) strategy and implementation, and interpretation of Council of Environmental Quality (CEQ) regulations.
- Provide guidance to Forest and Regional Office Staffs and advise them on NEPA policy, standards, and guidelines as well as information from administrative reviews (post-decision appeals, pre-decision objections) and litigation decisions.
- Using unit quality oversight and assurance plans, monitor and evaluate overall Regional Environmental Coordination program implementation.
- Organize and directs ad hoc team reviews of selected projects, programs, and policies as part of NEPA quality assurance, ensuring there is appropriate involvement of the Office of General Counsel and staff units.
- Directs the reviews of Regional-level NEPA documents, assuring involvement of appropriate staff units and the Office of General Counsel.
- May represent the Region or units on environmental matters affecting the Region in contacts with Federal and state agencies.
Atlanta, GA, USA