This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for to
recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive
About the Position: This position is located at a hydro-electric
generating facility that includes hydro-power, navigation, fish passage and
recreational activities in Umatilla OR, approximately 10 miles N. of
Hermiston, OR and 30 miles S. of Kennewick, WA, which are full service
Learn more about this
- Interprets and applies current environmental protection laws, regulations, and policies to operation and maintenance activities.
- Performs studies to evaluate compliance with environmental protection requirements.
- Develops and adapts innovative programs and procedures to ensure efficient and effective compliance with the environmental requirements.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge concerning current safety and occupational health laws, regulations, policies.
- Coordinates with representatives of other government agencies and private firms in developing and maintaining plans and procedures to comply with environmental and safety and occupational health requirements.
- Monitors and maintains records of compliance activities and personnel training.
- Serves as training coordinator and instructor for a wide variety of complex training topics.
- Performs studies, testing, inspections, planning, budget formulation, record keeping for compliance with safety, occupational health, and environmental protection laws and regulations.
Umatilla, OR, USA