Serves as a staff Wildlife Biologist within the Wildlife Services (WS) Program
for the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). The work is
primarily concerned with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance,
and wildlife damage management (WDM) operations relating to assessment,
reduction, and/or elimination of problems associated with birds, mammals, and
other types of wildlife in urban, suburban and rural environments.
Learn more about this
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for development, monitoring, editing and renewal of the Program?s National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, and Endangered Species Act (ESA) Biological Assessments and opinions.
- Supports National NEPA efforts through provision of information and review and that activities of the District and/or Program Areas are in compliance with state environmental laws and regulations.
- Develops and maintains required Administrative and Project Records for NEPA\ESA processes and ongoing projects.
- Coordinates the non-lethal predator damage management program which includes turbo fladry and electric fencing tools.
- Provide biological guidance designed to efficiently and effectively reduce wildlife damage adversely impacting agriculture, human health and safety, property, and natural resources.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other agencies, organizations, institutions, industry groups and individuals in meeting program needs and goals.
- Compile program statistics and accomplishments, and finalizes special reports for State Director to satisfy requirements of cooperating agencies and other interested parties.
- Recommend areas for potential research or developmental study and assist the WS research effort by participating in field tests of proposed damage control materials, devices or methods.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Casper, WY, USA