The Regulated Waste Coordinator provides technical support and tactical execution in the implementation of Amazon Global Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs within assigned fulfillment center.
Detailed Description :
· Function as Lead in Regulated Waste Team which sorts, identifies, designates and packages regulated waste from the production floor in a manner compliant with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. The Regulated Waste Coordinator will also serve as the POC for spills generated within the site.
· Serve as designated Regulated Waste representative of assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Amazon Regulated Waste Program as directed by Safety Manager of the regional node.
· Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with Amazon EHS standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
· Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
· Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate EHS Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
· Maintain required paperwork to comply with Amazon standards.
· Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, including email management, scheduling, updating spreadsheets, report writing, etc.
· Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
· Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
· Experience delivering training to individuals and groups
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Experience leading and managing a team
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills
• Experienced in emergency response and be able to maintain current First aid and CPR certificates
• Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
• Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a safety related field
• Experience with HAZWOPER, RCRA and PHMSA
• Experience with OSHA/Cal-OSHA regulations specifically 29 CFR 1910 and 8 CCR 1500 – 1962/ 3200-6184
• Experience with EPA/Cal-EPA regulations specifically 40 CFR, 22 CCR and CA Health and Safety Code
Newark, CA, USA