Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental
organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to
power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important
victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends
of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70
countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of
environmental protection, economic policy and social justice to fundamentally
transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment.
We are looking for a passionate, progressive digital fundraising specialist
who will lead our email fundraising efforts. This is a role for an exceptional
writer who is excited to set ambitious revenue goals and design plans to
achieve them. We need someone who will constantly innovate and bring new ideas
while following the data on what’s working. Our team works together very
closely, so the person in this role must be comfortable in a highly
collaborative environment. Remote is an option.
- Write persuasive email fundraising content that maximizes digital revenue;
- Design and run short- and long-term tests to grow our email fundraising program;
- Create and execute plans to improve digital donor retention, reactivation of lapsed digital donors, revenue per donor, and the growth of our monthly giving program;
- Manage high-volume email fundraising campaigns for “big giving days” like Giving Tuesday, Earth Day, and end-of-year fundraising;
- Monitor email fundraising performance and analyze test results;
- Collaborate with program and organizing teams to identify digital fundraising opportunities;
- Proofread and occasionally load email content in digital advocacy and fundraising CRM Engaging Networks.
- 4-6 years’ experience in direct-response fundraising (online fundraising experience preferred).
- Exceptional writing skills, particularly when it comes to persuading people to donate.
- Results-orientated: Track record of achievement and a bias for producing results (rather than getting immersed in process).
- Data-driven: Follow data rather than intuition. Quickly scale tactics that work while dropping tactics that don’t work.
- Innovative: Well-versed in the latest trends in digital fundraising and constantly thinking of creative ideas to test.
- Fast-paced: Ready to take advantage of unexpected opportunities and write new emails on timelines of 1-2 hours.
- Sophisticated understanding of the structures through which race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and other axes of identity function to unjustly distribute power and oppress some in our society and how those systems show up in fundraising.
- Experience fundraising for c3’s, c4’s, and PACs, and understanding of the requirements and advantages of each.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
But above all, you have a passion for the environment and progressive politics
. . . and it shows through.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages
applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented
groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff. Also, please note
that references will be requested during the screening process and final
candidates will undergo a writing exercise.
How to Apply
Apply by clicking this link: https://foe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=26