Director, Campaigns, Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital Markets
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential
investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the
economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s
biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity
and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site
(www.ceres.org). Here is more information on the
Ceres Accelerator https://www.ceres.org/accelerator.
Description & Responsibilities
Ceres is searching for a full-time Campaign Director to coordinate all actors
and pieces of mobilizing investors and financial institutions to step up
action to address the climate crisis. The first project to manage is Ceres’
Accelerator Net Zero Finance Campaign.
This position is designed for a highly motivated, self-starter with prior
policy, financial and/or political campaign experience. The position will
report to the Managing Director, Ceres Accelerator for Sustainable Capital
Markets. We would prefer the successful candidate be based in Boston but we
will consider other locations.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement, and oversee campaigns in partner with Ceres’ program teams, Communications and Marketing team, and other internal teams to develop and implement campaigns. Initially will partner with the Investor Network, Accelerator, Communications and Marketing teams to develop and implement the Net Zero Finance Campaign.
- Coordinate the preparation and refinement of the campaign plan. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead the development of reports and research to make the business case that climate change poses a risk to the US economy, and develop a blueprint for engaging with regulators.
- Coordinate the research needed on investor and company activities
- Drive an external campaign of meeting with investors, policy makers, regulators to move investors, banks and insurance companies to set net zero targets
- Stay abreast of policy issues on the federal (and some state) level related to climate change and clean energy with a special focus on investor activities, banking, insurance and financial regulatory issues.
- Develop plans for the use of earned media, paid media, advocacy days, national & regional meetings, direct engagement with policymakers, and other strategies to support the campaign.
- Identify and manage relationships with external partners and key allies, such as non-profit organizations, trade associations, think tanks, communications firms, lobbyists and others. Determine which should be developed, strengthened or maintained.
- Prepare materials and coordinate Ceres staff and Investor, Company and BICEP Network members to engage with the press, legislative staffers, and federal lawmakers.
- Work with the Ceres Investor Network to recruit investors to engage in this campaign through making commitments, establishing interim goals, establishing robust disclosure and other plans.
- Coordinate with other teams (such as Company Network, Development, Climate & Energy, and Operations) as needed to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Help craft fundraising proposals to support the campaign work.
- As needed, participate in meetings with current and potential funders.
- Work on other duties as assigned.
- Ten years or more of direct experience working on political, policy and/or finance campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to bring an advocacy perspective to both analysis and corporate engagement and to make clear recommendations for actions and next steps.
- Prior experience in driving complex, multi-partner projects or campaigns.
- Prior experience supervising staff, and managing external relationships with individual partners and contractors.
- Effective presentation style as well as strong speaking and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative, and motivation. Ability to collaborate with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Experience cultivating effective supervisory relationships (across gender identity, race, ethnicity, and socio-economic backgrounds) with direct reports.
- Demonstrated project management skills overseeing multiple projects at the same time
- Planning expertise, delivering projects on deadline and within budgets.
- Record of success coordinating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and appreciate a collaborative approach.
- Ability to bring a positive outlook to working at Ceres.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves
with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are
interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter,
resume, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional
information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any
individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or
veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Boston, MA, USA