Forest School teachers guide children age 3-5 to connect with the natural world, and coach them in their social and emotional growth. Full-time, teaches Forest School (August - May), and summer camp in the summer. $14-$15/hr.
• A love of children is the highest priority! We work with a very diverse audience, including young children and people with disabilities.
• A love of the outdoors is the next highest priority. Natural history knowledge and enthusiasm for conservation is very helpful.
• First Aid and CPR certification, or the ability to obtain it upon employment.
• An ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, growth-minded, and a team player.
• Conducts engaging and educational activities, and instructs diverse ages of students, primarily in an outdoor setting (including in inclement weather)
• Organizes and ensures that all program materials (copies, art supplies, etc.) are prepared in advance
• Coordinates and participates in set up and take down of materials – checking to ensure all areas (education rooms, bathrooms, lobby and grounds) are clean and materials are properly stored at the end of the day
• Supervises groups of children, with highest safety standards in mind at all times
Louisville, KY, USA