The Education Programs Manager is responsible for the education programming at LNC. This person will supervise 2 full time staff, an AmeriCorps Member, as well as several part time educators and education volunteers. Programs include Swallowtail Forest School, school field trips, day camps, birthday parties, scout programs, etc, and are geared primarily for children. School programs are all aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards.
• Supervises education staff and volunteers
• Schedules and coordinates staffing of education programs and events
• Develops and conducts educational programs and instructs diverse ages of students in both a classroom and outdoor setting
• Organizes and ensures that all programs materials (copies, art supplies, etc.) are prepared in advance of the program
• Coordinates and participates in set up and take down of programs – checking to ensure all areas (education room, bathrooms, library, lobby and grounds) are clean and materials are properly stored at the end of programs
• Supervises groups of children, with highest safety standards in mind at all times
• A love of children is the highest priority! We work with a very diverse audience, including young children and people with disabilities.
• Experience teaching in either a classroom or outdoor education setting. Experience with preschool age children is highly desirable. Experience working at and/or running summer camps is also highly desirable.
• Organized team player who approaches the job with a growth mind-set.
• First Aid and CPR certification, or the ability to obtain it upon employment.
• Knowledge of natural history.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Minnick, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. BIPOC strongly encouraged to apply.
Louisville, KY, USA