About the Position: This position is with the U.S. Army Engineer Research
and Development Center (ERDC), Safety and Environmental Management Office,
Learn more about this
- As the Environmental Protection Specialist, you will provide technical support in connection with the operation of the environmental management program located at the Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Champaign, IL site.
- Assist the DJ-0028-04 Environmental Protection Specialist in evaluating the effectiveness of the existing environmental management program and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Support management with compliance challenges such as environmental programs; hazardous waste management, storage tanks; environmental restoration program; solid waste management; air pollution; storm water; and environmental documentation.
- Conduct environmental inspections and maintain databases evaluating the overall environmental management program to meet regulatory guidance for the Champaign, IL site.
- Fulfill the role of the installation's chemical hygiene program manager and maintain chemical inventory databases.
- Assist in hazardous waste disposal activities.
- Maintain data, prepare and analyze various reports for environmental documentation.
- Provide environmental and safety related training to Champaign, IL staff.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be 10% or less
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at
Pay scale & grade DJ 2. Salary $35,265 to $76,499 per year
Champaign, IL, USA