The Environmental Management Office of Glenn Research Center is seeking a
qualified Environmental Engineer to provide engineering services in support of
environmental compliance for facility maintenance and research activities
primarily related to aeronautics and space research.
Learn more about this
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Manages one or more environmental programs or projects in Environmental Compliance, Environmental Conservation, Environmental Planning or Remediation including but not limited to: Clean Air Act, Regulated waste, Toxic substances, Wastewater.
- Develops project plans, outlines environmental policy, and identifies long and short-term goals. Coordinates with Center, Agency, and regulatory agencies. Provide technical advice on integration requirements into the projects.
- Technical management of assigned programs and projects including ensuring all milestones are identified and met, reports are compiled and submitted and all documentation complete.
- Develop and implement a systematic approach and investigative techniques to ensure the continued compliance and continued operation of Center projects and programs.
- Serves as focal point for assigned programs when environmental regulatory personnel visit and inspect the Center. Serves as a Center and Agency expert in assigned environmental areas.
- Applies and obtains permits and maintains their currency in accordance with pertinent regulations. Provides input to Center organizations and external agencies in developing procedures to correct violations or meet new program requirements.
- Develops and conducts environmental training. Participates or leads meetings concerned groups regarding environmental concerns related to the assigned programs, many of which may be controversial and require novel solutions.
- Participates in Environmental Management Office Functions and Activities. Cross train in additional program areas and be capable of providing assistance as a backup as requested.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at
GS 11 - 13. Salary $67,364 to $124,818 per year.
Glenn Research Center, Brookpark Road, Cleveland, OH, USA