4-H Environmental Science, Shooting Sports, and Camping Specialist
Penn State Extension is seeking a 4-H Environmental Science, Shooting Sports,
and Camping Specialist.
- The candidate will serve as the leader of a team committed to enhancing the Pennsylvania 4-H Youth Development program in Environmental Science and Shooting Sports.Responsibilities are focused on innovation with regards to the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of Environmental Science, Shooting sports and Camping opportunities.
- The candidate will work closely with faculty, Extension Educators, specialists, volunteers, and industry stakeholders.The person in this position will oversee, communicate, and coordinate with 4-H Educators and volunteers across the state.
Duties and responsibilities
- Give oversight and direction to Pennsylvania 4-H Environmental Education programs including the development and maintenance of an organizational infrastructure which increases the reach of 4-H programs. The Pennsylvania 4-H Shooting Sports program is an integral part of 4-H Environmental Education. This position will oversee the Pennsylvania 4-H Shooting Sports program, including leading the Pennsylvania 4-H State Shooting Sports advisory committee.
- Attend trainings and become a certified instructor in all 4-H Shooting Sports programs to help maintain a safe, consistent, and positive environment and facilitate more volunteer trainings across the state.
- Create, facilitate, and implement guidelines and procedures for the Pennsylvania 4-H Environmental Science and Shooting Sports programs across the state, including safety and legal procedures.Offer trainings across the state to keep volunteers up to date on policies.
- Lead 4-H Extension staff that are members of the Environmental Science, Shooting Sports and Camping State Team to develop, implement, deliver, and evaluate new and innovative 4-H programming and learning experiences.
- Identify grant opportunities, as well as write, manage and assure fulfillment of grant requirements that will support this position and programming at the state level.
- Provide oversight in developing and updating 4-H curriculum, activities and events across the state and help to facilitate and evaluate these curriculum, programs, activities, and events.
- Support 4-H Volunteers and members that are involved in programming statewide through participation in program planning, organizing training and competitive events, participate in Pennsylvania 4-H program activities and prepare newsletters to keep Educators and volunteers in these disciplines up to date on opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison between the 4-H State office, Extension 4-H Educators, campus-based faculty and specialists, and National 4-H program specialists in Environmental Science and Shooting Sports.
- Work with 4-H Camp Resident Directors and County Extension Educators and Volunteers to carry out Pennsylvania 4-H residential and day camping long range plan and ensure sustainable facilities and quality program opportunities for 4-H campers and outside user groups.
- Specifically work with county Educators to establish clear lines of communication related to educational objectives and supportive educational activities, as well as assignment of educational staff and scheduling of facilities. Responsible for the implementation of the core residential camping curriculum during specified activities.
- Organize and conduct 4-H Camping staff development annually, teaching principles of 4-H camping program design and related camp topics and provide program and administrative leadership for the Pennsylvania 4-H camp program.
- Communicate 4-H philosophy, mission and values through development and implementation of programmatic policies, procedures, and curriculum for the 4-H program with both internal and external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of volunteer administration. Excellent oral and written
communication skills, detailed oriented, with the ability to handle non-
routine questions and make decisions. Ability to develop curriculum and
implement other educational opportunities for youth and adult audiences in
environmental science and shooting sports subject matter areas. Ability to
develop and maintain positive relationships with a diverse audience of
internal and external stakeholders, while maintaining program integrity.
Ability to effectively use technology to accomplish 4-H Youth Development
environmental science and shooting sports programming. Ability to write,
manage and fulfill grant requirements. Ability to work with minimal
supervision, including prioritizing workloads and to meet deadlines.
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus two years of related
experience. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are
required for higher level jobs. Master's degree preferred. Preference will be
given to candidates with a degree in agriculture, science education, natural
resources, environmental studies, or a related discipline. Prior experience
with Cooperative Extension/4-H preferred. The candidate should have prior
experience with developing educational materials and methods of instruction
for youth and adult audiences and demonstrate effective written and oral
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal
Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI)
Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. This position requires that you operate
a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver's license and
successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in
addition to the clearances. Candidates must also be willing to work flexible
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2512006
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and
to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime
statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to
http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on
how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is
committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
State College, PA, USA