Senior Director, Storytelling and Content Management - The Nature Conservancy
DRi had been retained by The Nature Conservancy to recruit a Senior Director,
Storytelling and Content Management. If you are interested in learning more
about or applying for, this unique and impactful opportunity, please click the
TNC’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends.
As a science-based organization, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground
solutions to the world’s toughest challenges so create a world in which people
and nature thrive.
The Nature Conservancy is looking for a senior leader with a clear vision for
developing and championing an integrated content strategy in service of their
brand, created with the right mix of channel and audience in mind. TNC is
seeking a leader who is skilled at understanding how editorial and content
strategy can shape a user’s relationship with a brand and knows how to
resource and develop digital channels to achieve TNC’s marketing goals. The
Senior Director spearheads the development of data- and audience-driven
messaging and stories, high-quality, multifaceted content, and effective ways
to advance the Global Marketing and Communications (GMAC) strategic
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum 10 years related work experience or an equivalent combination, including at least 5 years of senior management level experience in the marketing field.
- Experience leading and managing a large multi-disciplinary team and developing and fostering staff growth.
- Experience building, managing, and optimizing communications across multiple channels including search, display advertising, website, and email
- Experience building and managing teams of multiple direct reports
- Experience cultivating and managing relationships with senior level executives, Board of Trustees, Board of Directors and/or external marketing contacts.
- Experience developing marketing, initiatives, plans and programs.
- Digital marketing experience, including demonstrated capacity to execute campaigns, leveraging dynamic content and creative, tailored to audience, that drive engagement, activation, and membership via web, social, and email
- Expertise at leading strategic direction at the intersection of content and channel.
- Demonstrated experience showcasing knowledge of user journeys, content funnels and cycles, personalized web experiences and audience segmentation, and determining KPIs/success metrics against site destinations, consulting through web page objectives and UX based on content intent
- Knowledgeable about the relevance of website information architecture and content strategy; understands web taxonomy and utilizing opportunities to leverage across digital channels
- Exceptional writer, editor, communicator, and presenter, who is creative, thoughtful, and strategic about content creation
If you are interested in learning more about or applying for this unique and
impactful opportunity, please contact DRi by clicking the following link.
Commensurate with experience
Arlington, VA, USA