RRS is a mission orientated company dedicated to community-centered
sustainability, materials management, and climate solutions since
incorporating in 1986. In that time, we have grown to nearly 60 employees in
four countries and have conducted over 1,000 projects around the globe. RRS is
composed of strategists, planners, engineers, economists, technical analysts,
businesspeople, and communications specialists. Our experts operate
confidently across the materials management supply chain, identifying the best
opportunities to effect change, and developing pathways to long-term value.
RRS has grown with the industry, developed new solutions for waste and
recycling operations and paved the way for clients, both public and private,
to develop waste diversion and recycling operations that are aligned with
client context and grounded in technology, proven metrics, and decades of
experience. Our breadth of experience includes stakeholder engagement, policy
analysis, program planning, and project execution in areas such as
assessments, facility audits, system design and optimization, high-diversion
program implementation, packaging recovery, communications/outreach, financial
and data analysis modeling, extended producer responsibility, and circular
Our company is scaling for growth. We want top performers that can strengthen
relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive
environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that
normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is
not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient,
and productive as a brick-and-mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation
of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved.
RRS is seeking applications for a Consultant/Project Manager to work with
a new and established clientele, working collaboratively within a project team
– both as a project manager and as a project contributor. Projects may
- resource management consulting services to provide guidance in support of resource-related data collection;
- feasibility studies;
- waste minimization plans;
- waste characterization and waste reduction studies;
- economic, technical and/or risk analysis;
- stakeholder engagement processes,
- policy analysis and/or risk analysis, and
- planning and support for the development, planning, facilitation, coordination, and documentation of and/or for waste reduction or zero waste initiatives.
**Job Responsibilities :
- See waste as a valued resource in building sustainable systems for a waste-free future;
- Provide project management including:
- work plan development and execution;
- project deliverable planning and execution;
- managing deliverables timelines;
- staff resource planning;
- Salesforce system utilization;
- Client/project team communications; and
- Project kick-off and close-out
- Competence in taking innovative thinking and dynamic approaches to define, develop and communicate cross sector solutions for our clients and their projects/programs;
- Expertise in taking analytical/technical information and communicating it in a way that is dynamic, digestible and forward-thinking for our clientele;
- Develop tangible strategies for our clients with the acute ability to transform a conceptual strategy into an action orientated and implementation plan with achievable goals, objectives and tasks; and
- Generate dynamic and succinct memos, reports, work plans, PowerPoint presentations and other type of client communications and deliverables.
- At least two years of project management experience;
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timelines;
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices;
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Capacity to work in a high energy and dynamic team environment;
- Proven experience in the materials management sector;
- Creative problem analysis abilities to solve client multi-dimensional problems and projects;
- Proven experience working on multiple projects and tasks;
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills;
- Strong verbal, public speaking, and written communications skills. Technical writing experience a plus.
- Technical skills using Microsoft Office 365 (specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), SharePoint and teleconference/video technologies. Experience with Salesforce, FileMaker, ArcGIS a plus; and
- Ability to Travel 10%-15% on average.
- Four-year degree in natural resources, sustainable systems, environmental sciences, environmental policy, or related field.
- At least four years professional experience working with university, municipal, state or federal solid resource management and development programs, sustainability programs, operations or planning preferred. Previous consulting experience a plus.
$74,000 - $92,000 depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal