ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about
improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core
values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate
about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of
difference . Diversity&
Inclusion, is simply
who we are and what we do.
Senior Manager, Energy and Sustainability in Multifamily Housing
ICF seeks an experienced Senior Manager, Energy and Sustainability in
Multifamily Housing to work within the Housing and Community Development (HCD)
Group, providing account management, technical assistance (TA), and
tool/product development for multifamily affordable housing entities on energy
efficiency, utility benchmarking, carbon reduction, and community and disaster
resilience issues. In this position you will help identify solutions to
challenges faced by affordable multifamily housing providers as they work to
equitably provide residents with the environmental, health and economic
advantages of resilient and sustainable homes.
- Manage projects and technical assistance efforts with affordable multifamily housing providers and communities receiving technical assistance through HUD grants, involving working with ICF’s TA team members, affordable housing partners, HUD grantees and HUD staff.
- Engage in and/or develop/deliver training sessions, conference presentations, workshops, and webinars on energy efficiency, utility benchmarking, carbon reduction and other sustainability topics and initiatives.
- Lead a team of account managers providing technical assistance to affordable multifamily housing providers, helping them benchmark their portfolios’ energy usage and carbon emissions.
- Mentor and develop the skills of junior professional staff and work with other senior professional staff on connecting energy efficiency, utility benchmarking, carbon reduction and other sustainability topics to different areas of expertise within HCD and ICF.
- Establish and maintain positive client-partner and subcontractor relationships.
- Facilitate and attend internal and external meetings with a variety of industry stakeholders.
- Generate business development opportunities and help to manage and prepare proposals to potential clients on energy efficiency, utility benchmarking, carbon reduction, and community and disaster resilience in the affordable housing and community development arena.
- Participate in other HCD and ICF management responsibilities, as necessary, such as recruiting and interviewing, performance reviews, strategic planning, and professional development.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Public Policy, Architecture, Engineering, or a related discipline required.
- Minimum 8 years of direct experience in the field of affordable housing community development, with a focus on energy efficiency, utility benchmarking, carbon reduction and other sustainability topics.
- Working knowledge of how energy efficiency, utility benchmarking and carbon reduction policies are incorporated at the federal, state, and local level, project level and impact affordable housing operations and resident engagement.
- Superior project management skills including extensive experience in managing diverse teams of technical and non-technical members to achieve and common goal.
- Demonstrated results with business development and proposal writing.
- Knowledge of how public housing and HUD-assisted and insured housing are implemented at the federal, state, local and tribal levels of government particularly as it applies to energy efficiency, utility benchmarking.
- Experience developing and delivering trainings/workshops/webinars, facilitation, and public speaking to a variety of audiences.
- Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a consulting firm, public housing authority, regional or national housing development organization or company, foundation, housing intermediary or public agency preferred.
- Experience in providing or managing technical assistance projects (training, direct technical assistance, resources, and tools) pertaining specifically to energy efficiency and utility benchmarking in the community development or affordable housing realm preferred.
- Working knowledge of and how to track and manage energy usage data in EnergySTAR Portfolio Manager
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting protocols and sustainability reporting platforms and tools (GHG Protocol, EPA emissions calculation tools).
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task with various projects and responsibilities
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in handling administrative and fiscal responsibilities, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual
rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate,
innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to
benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in
collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive
workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity
employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such
as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression,
sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran
status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and
collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more
information, please read our EEO & AA
COVID-19 Policy : New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of
complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If
selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination
status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number
of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for
disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with
sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and
employment process. To request an accommodation please email
email@example.com and we will be
happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and
will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination:EEO is the
Statement _ _.__
How to Apply
Link to apply --> https://www.icf.com/careers/jobs/senior-manager-energy-and-
Fairfax, Virginia, United States