Posting Expires: Jul 31, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Minimum Salary: $94,786.00
Midpoint Salary: $118,498.00
Some of what you’ll be doing:
The Port of Seattle Environment, Sustainability, & Engineering Center of
Expertise is looking to fill a Sustainability Reporting and Communications
Program Manager position. The position works in close collaboration with
leadership and project teams to help address some of the toughest
environmental challenges of our time.A role in the Center of Expertise means
that you are a part of a passionate, entrepreneurial, and dynamic team that
shapes social and environmental strategy to drive impact for our customers,
employees, society, and the planet. We are a culture that is invested in
making a difference. We are looking for a person to join us and play a key
role in establishing the Port as an industry leader by supporting our
environmental and sustainability reporting and communications.
You’ll come with a passion for detail and organization, a creative flair for
how we tell our larger sustainability story, a desire to learn, and an
interest in making a difference to the people in our region.
- You will lead the Port’s ability to measure, assess, and communicate environmental conditions, metrics, and program success to local, national, and global audiences in areas of climate action, alternative energy, air quality, habitat restoration, sediment remediation, water quality, stormwater management, and waste management.
- You will support proactive promotion of the program’s environmental projects, and shape the program’s messaging, helping define its role as presented to the public, media, stakeholders, other governmental entities, and the regulated community.
- You will be mindful of inclusivity and access, planning for and engaging in meaningful public involvement, and ensuring potentially affected populations have information and an opportunity to learn about and participate in our work.
- You will synthesize and communicate complex environmental data as well as draft creative and engaging communications to bring Port’s social impact and sustainability initiatives to life for internal and external partners.
- You will provide expertise in the development, evaluation, and reporting of environmental performance metrics. Build the necessary teams to develop performance measurement frameworks, environmental indicators, goals, and benefits. Develop tracking and reporting tools. Develop, review, update environmental reporting and communications products, identify gaps, and recommend updated and innovative reporting methods. Research national and international port programs and develop materials demonstrating our innovation and nesting within the United Nations Sustainability goals and other international environmental programs.
- You will Plan and organize a communications program for the Ports environmental programs. Identify environmental communications needs and issues and formulate communication programs, plans and strategies. Create Port of Seattle Sustainability Report, quarterly and annual communication plans. Coordinate closely with technical staff to prepare content, material, strategy and convert complex science into easily understood messages. Develop, research, and write communication materials including website updates, stories, videos, PowerPoint, presentations, journal publications, and other tools to effectively communicate our environmental performance. Be creative in telling our story. Ensure integration of environmental justice principles, respond to needs and barriers of underserved communities and develop more inclusive and equitable communications and reporting methods. Build partnerships with organizations outside the port to leverage our reporting and communications work.
Who you are:
Two years of experience may be substituted for one year of education:
- Experienced – You have 7 (seven) years of experience in a variety of agency communications and performance measurement roles; with an understanding of performance metrics and tracking; and an understanding of communications tools, emerging technology, and strategic deployment to inform key audiences and influence public perception. Significant writing experience with persuasive and compelling content to drive news coverage, shape public policy formation and build trust/loyalty. Proven project management skills and team collaborator.
- Educated – You possess Bachelor’s in communications, journalism, marketing, policy, public relations, business, environmental management, or related field.
- Organized – You are highly organized in your work and able to create key performance indicators, track, and report performance, and utilize data visualization systems.
- Analytical – You possess strong analytical skills and the ability to assess complex issues. Ability to analyze data, undertake research to detect trends, and provide recommendations to support business and communication strategies.
- Communicator – You have strong writing and editing skills, the ability to communicate technical information to the public. You understand communication and marketing methods and choose appropriate ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Strategic – You utilize strategic thinking to identify and develop short- and long-range communication plans and strategies; assessing communications needs and taking the initiative to identify improvements.
- Creative – You bring creativity and imagination in preparing communications materials, including visual and graphic layouts. You have a strong initiative to develop new programs.
- Collaborator – You have interpersonal and rapport-building skills to establish and maintain strong working relationships across functional and reporting levels. You are a team player and take a proactive approach to creating and seizing opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested parties can apply through the link below:
Seattle, Washington, United States