MIG, Inc. is a national firm specializing in environmental planning, design,
communications, management, science, and technology. We believe that the
environment around us has a profound impact on our lives, and our shared
vision is of a world where people, communities, and ecosystems thrive. For
over 40 years, MIG has engaged the talents and vitality of top professionals
who plan, design, and sustain communities that connect people to the
environment and to each other. Our team members are passionate about their
work and share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the
communities impacted by our work.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced CEQA Analyst and Project
Manager to join our environmental sciences team in either our San Jose or
Berkeley, California, office. This is a full-time, hourly position with
opportunity for growth. While MIG staff are currently working remotely due to
COVID, we anticipate resuming in-office work soon (with potential for
occasional remote work). Proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination with at
least one booster will be required for future in-person work.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Accomplish
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team conducting environmental impact assessments on a wide variety of projects in the greater Bay Area and throughout California. Your colleagues will include biologists, air quality and noise specialists, landscape architects, and planners. This team specializes in finding solutions to complex technical and regulatory issues in planning, design, and management of the built and natural environment.
- Project Work: You will work with a team developing and publishing environmental documents, including independent drafting of clear and concise CEQA/NEPA document text, conducting research, and maintaining an accurate project record.
- Managing Projects: You will develop and manage projects commensurate with your experience, including scopes of work, budgets, schedules, and internal and external subconsultant and client teams. In addition, Project Managers at MIG maintain client relationships; identify the correct course of action to the client; represent clients at public hearings and meetings; and set the standards for excellence, responsiveness, and accountability
- Project Types: MIG has a broad range of clients and project types including but not limited to public infrastructure and utility projects; park, open space, and trail projects; residential projects; planning documents such as General Plans, Specific Plans, and Park Master Plans; and school projects. The projects you will typically work on will include technical environmental impact assessments (CEQA and NEPA) and environmental compliance programs for cities, counties, regional and local districts, and other public and private-sector clients.
Experience and Qualifications for Success – What We’d Like to See
As a successful candidate, you will be able to manage time and competing
priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative
team, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you must
have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, urban planning, or an associated field (a Master’s degree in a complementary field is a plus).
- Working knowledge of CEQA/NEPA processes , ideally as part of a consulting or agency team.
- Working knowledge of the primary laws (CEQA, NEPA, CESA, ESA, Clean Water Act, etc.) and regulatory agencies (BAAQMD, RWQCB, CDFW, USFWS, USACE, Coastal Commission, BCDC, State Lands Commission, LAFCo) that direct the environmental analysis process in California.
- E xperience in managing public and/or private-sector projects , including maintaining compliance with project contracts, drafting and managing scopes, budgets, and schedules, as well as working with clients and partners to execute the project work.
- You are professional and organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- You have excellent analytical and technical writing skills.
- You are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others, but you can also work independently.
- You have software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro , and may have working knowledge of other relevant software.
How to Apply
If this position sounds like a fit for your skillsets, and you are passionate
about improving the communities and environments in which we recreate, live,
and work, we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and a
descriptive cover letter to email@example.com.
MIG values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer;
we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Our teams enjoy a
flexible work schedule, a rewarding work environment, and a creative
atmosphere that allows for professional development and career advancement
opportunities while promoting team spirit and genuine camaraderie. We offer a
comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and HRA
with employer contributions and 401K matching. Compensation is commensurate
with location, skills, and experience.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity
$40.00-50.00/hour, negotiable and dependent on location, skills and
Remote (Northern California, CA, USA)