EnviroSystems Management, Inc. is seeking an onsite NEPA
Specialist/Environmental Planner for our Natural Resources Division.
Successful candidate must be well-versed in environmental compliance
regulations, including NEPA for numerous federal and state agencies, to
consult with clients. Candidates will need to be a team player working with
other senior staff in Cultural Resources and GIS Divisions and Vegetation
Management Program. In addition to being a welcoming and enjoyable place to
work, EnviroSystems has a solid 23-year track record of successful projects
throughout the western states and offers strong potential for professional
growth. Our ideal candidate will be technically and fiscally responsible for
environmental compliance and natural resources projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning/Science, Environmental Policy/Sustainability, Natural Resources Planning, Biology, Forestry, or related field.
- Five years of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) planning and environmental regulatory compliance professional experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Specialized degrees in wildlife biology, botany, ecology, or related field and at least 3 years of experience.
- USFWS permits to conduct specialized surveys for federally listed species.
- Oversee all aspects of project initiation, budgeting, fieldwork, reporting, and permitting.
- Coordinate and provide oversight to field crews during biological surveys, monitoring, or other types of natural resources fieldwork.
- Perform/oversee field research, data collection, inventory, analyses, and report production.
- Act as a liaison to facilitate relationships between private clients and local/state/tribal/federal agencies.
- Navigate the complex regulatory compliance processes of NEPA, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, and other federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Prepare NEPA documents, Biological Assessments, Biological Evaluations, Plans of Development/Operation, Monitoring Plans and Reports, Jurisdictional Determinations, ESA Compliance, and various other environmental documents.
- Produce professional, high quality technical compliance reporting.
- Manage relationships and coordinate with various federal agencies.
- Responsible for marketing efforts in support of the Natural Resources Division.
- Assist other Senior Management staff with business development and marketing efforts.
This full-time position is eligible for benefits including PTO and PSL, full
employer paid __ benefits package with medical, dental, vision, and LTD
insurance, as well as 401k and HSA contributions.
Flagstaff, AZ, USA