Over the last 22 years, Growing Gardens has brought gardening, nutrition education and produce donations to over 162,000 Boulder County residents.
We offer a variety of programs to get people of all ages, backgrounds, income levels, and abilities involved in growing and cooking their own food. These educational opportunities are paired with seed, plant start, and produce donations, as well as gardening space, to impart greater food security and hunger relief in our community.
The Growing Gardens Education Program Coordinator plays an important role in developing, implementing and reviewing farm-based environmental education programs for elementary age youth. The Education Program Coordinator oversees the management of and is the lead educator in our Goats and Gardens Summer Camp.
Job Title: Education Program Coordinator
Job Status: Part Time, Salaried Employee 40 hours per week March-Oct and 20 hours per week Nov – Feb.
Job Term: This is a grant funded one year position, ending November 2023. There is potential and desire of Growing Gardens to extend this to a multi- year, position.
Reports To: Senior Education Program Manager
Pay: $31,075- $37,980 .83 FTE (additional compensation for Spanish speaking and writing skills)
Preferred start date : November 7, 2022
Benefits: Flexible work schedule November- February. Health and dental insurance. Paid Time Off, Paid
Holiday leave, Paid sick leave, 50% off produce and plant starts at Growing Gardens. Click here to learn
more about our generous benefits policy
The experience we offer:
● The opportunity to pair your work with your passion and to have a real impact
in affecting positive change in our community.
● Professional development opportunities
● Supportive organizational culture where you have independence and room to
● The chance to be part of a thriving team culture where successes are celebrated together and
coworkers enthusiastically share knowledge and support.
● A beautiful location: our office is on an urban farm in Boulder, Colorado.
Qualified applicants will be interviewed starting September 30 until the
position is filled.
Candidates from minority or marginalized groups or with multicultural backgrounds or experience are
especially encouraged to apply. Growing Gardens is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and
harassment; where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
Education Program Coordinator Major Job Duties
● Schedule and teach garden-based education programming for children at Boulder and Longmont
o Teach at field trips of local elementary age children to the Longmont and Boulder Farms
o Teach at elementary and preschools in Boulder County for classroom visit programs
o Co-teach School Days Off and other programming
● Manage and lead teach Goats and Gardens summer camp
● Train and support Interns assisting with or teaching programming
● Curriculum development that aligns with CO state science standards and comprehensive health
standards for nutrition education
● Lead education programming for interns, children, teens and adults
● Weekly chore shifts with goat herd
● Track and record data for program reports
● This job is outside in all weather conditions and involves many contact hours with program
participants (children, teens, interns, volunteers, adults, etc)
● The candidate must have at least 460 hours of verifiable experience working with school-age
children aged 4-18 in groups of four or more. Babysitting hours cannot be counted.
● Strong teaching skills with ages prek- 5th grade.
• Strong communication and conflict resolutions skills
● Strong decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
● Computer skills over a wide variety of platforms
● Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a small staff
● Experience or interest working with goats
● Ability to pass background check
• Experience with organic gardening/farming
● Experience with Nutrition Education
● Bilingual Spanish/English
• Experience working with diverse, bilingual populations Boulder, Weld, and/or Broomfield
No phone calls please. Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references with
“Education Coordinator” in the email subject line to: info@GrowingGardens.org. We strongly encourage you to submit 2 letters of reference, as well, with your application materials.
Please note: In your cover letter - please indicate how you meet the 460 hours of educational experience required in BOLD text directly under your signature line
$31,075- $37,980 .83 FTE
1630 Hawthorn Avenue, Boulder, CO, USA