Founded in 2006, Living Roofs Inc. is an
established expert and leader in the field of Green Roofs and Living Walls. We
hold true to our pioneering spirit—designing, installing, and maintaining
projects from coast to coast.
We’re seeking an Estimator/Project
Manager who will be
responsible for projects from initial inquiry or lead until the project is
handed off to the construction team. The Estimator/Project Manager will
provide continued support through the construction phase and assisting in the
closeout process at the conclusion of the project. Candidates with previous
work experience in estimating or project management in construction,
landscaping, hardscaping, roofing, masonry, and related fields are encouraged
- Track and respond to project inquiries and leads. Seek new business opportunities.
- Thoroughly examine and review all bid documents, including specs, drawings, and details.
- Perform accurate and reliable area and materials takeoffs.
- Solicit, coordinate, and compile vendor quotes. Ensure they meet project requirements and evaluate best overall products and pricing to be used in final bid.
- Develop accurate and well written bid proposals outlining specific scope of work, specification sections incorporated, exclusions, and clarifications.
- Assist in reviewing and negotiating contracts to ensure consistency with how they were estimated.
- Assist design team in producing accurate shop drawings, construction details, and plans.
- Assemble and deliver submittal packages.
- Coordinate and collaborate extensively with Construction Manager and construction team.
- Assist in procuring, coordinating, and scheduling material deliveries and subcontractor activities.
- Work collaboratively and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including project team members, general contractors, architects, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Gain field exposure through onsite project support, as opportunities exist.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely high attention to detail and must work well under pressure when facing deadlines.
- Must be able to read a set of plans and specifications.
- Strong problem analysis/solving ability and exceptional organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and priorities.
- Exceptional computer skills. Fluency with AutoCAD. Proficiency with Revu or similar takeoff software. Mastery of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
Minimum Qualifications: 3-5 years of experience in construction or
Preferred Qualifications: Green roof experience a plus.
Compensation: Starting salary $55,000 – $65,000, commensurate with
experience. Following 90 days of employment, benefits include 8 paid holidays,
PTO, and ability to participate in company retirement plan. Employees
traveling overnight will receive a Per Diem for meals & incidental expenses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
Benefits: Flexible schedule, Paid time off, Professional development
assistance, Retirement plan
How to Apply
Apply now via our Careers page or email your resume to email@example.com
Asheville, North Carolina, United States