Nature Israel (or ASPNI) is the American nonprofit supporting The Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel (SPNI), the oldest and largest member-based NGO in Israel. Since 1953, SPNI has been dedicated to protecting and preserving Israel’s natural resources, environment, biodiversity and unique landscape.
Over the past 36 years, Nature Israel has become a leading voice in critical
education and environmental programs in support of Israel as well as worldwide. Today, their mission is more relevant than ever in the fight against biodiversity loss and climate change. The Board of Directors is represented coast to coast and diversified in gender, age and ethnicity. Respected by Guidestar (Gold Status) and Charity Navigator (3 stars), we are a cherished and time-tested brand who contributes significantly to SPNI’s environmental protection; over 10 Israeli field schools, the Jerusalem Bird Observatory, the Gazelle Valley, the Levi Eshkol House and a growing number of converted fish ponds into rewilding habitats for 500 million birds during their semi-annual migrations between Europe and Africa.
The Executive Director should possess leadership qualities, be passionate about supporting the environment, nature conservation and Israel; be able to engage with leading donors, foundations and corporate giving; be knowledgeable in grant writing and philanthropy and familiar with contemporary marketing and donor relations tools. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Administrative & Operations
– Report to the Executive Board and support lay leadership on several key committees.
– Responsible for overall management of day-to-day operations.
– Manage the Director of Marketing & Development and partner with a full development team in Israel.
– Work closely with the Board of Directors and SPNI leadership in Israel.
– Attend quarterly Board of Directors and weekly committee meetings.
– Manage contracts and nonprofit policies, including insurance and vendor/partner relationships.
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years experience at a Director level or higher in the nonprofit sector; experience with digital/direct/event marketing, nonprofit operating practices and development initiatives that grow annually; be self-directed self-motivation. Other requirements include:
– Experience managing a variety of stakeholders and prioritizing objectives.
– Strong attention to detail, ability to be flexible and adjust shifting priorities.
– Ability to think strategically and plan long-term.
– Expertise in email campaign writing, crafting both short and long form pieces.
– Genuine, empathetic and professional donor relations skills.
– Excellent verbal, written and computer skills, familiar with cloud-based data
management and Google Products.
Strongly Preferred Skills:
– Experience with SalesForce, QuickBooks, Classy, Zoom, WordPress CMS.
– Familiarity with traditional Jewish holidays, Israeli history.
– An MBA, Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management or related field certificates.
Compensation & Benefits:
– Job Classification: Full-time, exempt
– Salary: $90,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year, commensurate with experience
– Schedule: Monday to Friday; some flexibility in hours and rare night or weekend hours (occasional Sunday commitments due to work day in Israel)
– Benefits: Health benefits, paid vacation and sick days, retirement plan, and
– Location: Remote (NY Tri-State Area or Austin, TX would be nice).
– Start Date: available January 3, 2023
Please send CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org