Oz Farm is seeking a full time, residential Non-profit Manager of Village Oz & Apprentice Coordinator. This position is for someone who enjoys living communally on the land.
The Non-Profit Manager and Apprentice Coordinator acts as the primary point person to the Apprentice’s by co-managing daily farm tasks, classroom style farm education and field trips. One day a week is dedicated to the organization and implantation of the non-profit needs and goals such as fundraising and grant writing.
At least one year of experience in organic diverse vegetable and flower production on a commercial farm scale
Familiarity with basic organic farming principles around soil health, fertility management, plant propagation and crop care
Experience in managing people
Ability to write grants and oversee the implantation of projects
Ability to handle multiple projects and timelines
Ability to work with different individuals and work styles
Ability to be self-motivated and self-managing and to work both independently and collectively
Valid California driver’s license with clean CA DMV record
Passion for Oz Farm’s mission and work to educate apprentices, grow food for our community, and provide a beautiful space for retreats and events
A thoughtful communicator and caring community member with an interest in intentional living
Assist Farm Manager in accomplishment of farm tasks
Co-manage and act as Apprentice Liason
Organize, schedule, and manage the weekly apprentice farm education and field trips
Plan and oversee fundraising events
Research and apply to potential grant opportunities
Ensure that all apprentice needs are met
Organize and participate in monthly one on one check ins with farmers and apprentices
Manage and order bulk food orders for community
Be flexible with the tasks required for the business, depending on the needs of Oz Farm, which may include tasks other than those related strictly to the Job Description
Physical Requirements of the Job
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
We are looking for someone who enjoys living communally, working closely and making decisions with others, and is a thoughtful communicator. The nature of living and working together is unique; a strong sense of self awareness, boundaries & needs, and the ability to communicate respectfully is important
1.Participate in weekly staff meetings
2. Abide by all Oz Farm Policies & Protocol
3. Participate in cooking rotation
4. Respect & care for communal spaces
5. Maintain kindness, communication, and care for other community members
1. Compensation of this position is commensurate with experience
2. 3 days paid sick leave and 4 weeks vacation in the slow season.
3. On- Site private cabin with compact kitchen, storage, wood, propane
4. Oz provides bulk staple foods and produce from the farm
5. Staff can participate in Oz Farm courses and events free of charge and use the Oz farm facilities
Please refer to www.ozfarm.com for background on Oz Farm and our programs. We are accepting applications until position is filled.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and list of current references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Maintenance Position.” Please tell us a bit about yourself and why you want to join the Oz Farm Community.
Women, non-binary, LGBT, BIPOC, couples and families encouraged to apply.
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding this position. Thank you.
Oz Farm does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Point Arena, California, United States