Agilyx is a pioneer in the advanced recycling of difficult-to-recycle post-use plastic streams.
Plastic waste is an immense global challenge, with only 10% of post-use plastic is recycled today. The rest ends up in landfills, incinerators, and the environment due to its chemical complexity, contamination and an infrastructure built for a different kind of economy. Agilyx is changing this.
We believe the time is right to expand advanced recycling, giving post-use plastic a new, circular life by converting this valuable material back into its original building blocks for reuse. By enabling plastic circularity on a global and commercial scale, we aim to play a vital role in accelerating the shift to a low-carbon economy.
With Agilyx's chemical recycling technology and intelligent feedstock management system, mixed plastic waste can be converted to new virgin equivalent plastics, as well as chemical products and fuels – creating the opportunity for true circularity.
Agilyx is seeking a Sustainability Director to further strengthen its sustainability/ESG programs, which are a central element to the company's mission. Agilyx is the first among its peers to publish a comprehensive Annual Report/Sustainability Report and establish quantitative, time-bound sustainability goals.
In this role, the Sustainability Director will be responsible for developing and managing sustainability programs for the company globally. The Sustainability Director also will be the champion for the company's recently announced Sustainability goal related to Climate.
· Create a framework for collecting environmental and other data for the annual sustainability report.
· Implement EHS/Sustainability software platform for the collection/validation of emissions and sustainability data.
· Provide quantitative content for annual public sustainability reporting. Work with Investor Relations to complete ESG information requests from investors for ESG ratings.
· Serve as the company expert on the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, and work with Agilyx operations team to establish the company's current carbon footprint (Scope 1 and 2).
· Serve as a key member of the team developing the Annual Report/Integrated Report and help advance the company toward SASB public reporting.
· Lead the development of company strategies related to climate and carbon and recommend specific climate actions in support of Agilyx's climate goal to the company's executive team.
· Work with Operations and Procurement leaders to analyze green energy options, develop energy efficiency programs, and other sustainable procurement initiatives.
· Select and direct suppliers providing environmental services or other specific sustainability services.
· Direct and oversee external experts on Life Cycle Analysis to complete LCAs for the company's processes.
· Engage the Agilyx employee base on the company's sustainability strategy and programs by creating and delivering effective communication and training programs.
· Participate in Business Development conversations with customers/partners and serve as sustainability subject matter expert with customers.
· Represent the company in interactions with external stakeholders such as associations, NGOs, community organizations, and government policymakers on topics related to Sustainability. Occasionally serve as a company spokesperson with news media interviews and VIP tours of Agilyx facilities.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Chemistry or Environmental Science from an accredited institution is required. An advanced degree such as MS in engineering/science discipline or MBA is preferred.
Must have at least 10 years of professional work experience, including at least 3 years managing programs related to Environmental Regulatory Compliance or Sustainability, preferably in a manufacturing company or consulting firm.
Candidates with experience in environmental permitting, environmental regulatory affairs, carbon footprint reporting under Greenhouse Gas Protocol/CDP Scope 1 and 2, EHSQ software, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and Life Cycle Analysis work are highly preferred.
Candidates should be confident public speakers, able to interact with external parties, champion advanced recycling, and represent the company's brand.
Teamwork and collaboration are important, along with the initiative to create new programs where none exist today and get buy-in from leadership for new programs and projects.
The Sustainability Director must be detail oriented and technically strong. Should have a broad understanding of commercial, regulatory, and emerging issues and trends in areas related to chemicals, plastics and recycling/waste management, as well as working knowledge of US and EU laws and regulations related to environment, health, safety and sustainability.
Also important is a strong ability to lead via influence, persuasion, negotiation, and effective communications across all levels of the organization, from front-line technicians to the Board of Directors.
Location and Working Conditions:
Role is located on East Coast of U.S. The role will be based out of the company's office/labs in New Hampshire, but the candidate can work remotely based in a home office on the East Coast of the U.S. The individual will be working with colleagues based in Europe and Oregon, so ability to work with other time zones is important.
The role will require travel occasionally to Agilyx and partner facilities, as well as industry events, in U.S. and internationally.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status.
We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining diverse and highly talented individuals. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, an engaging and growing culture, and a variety of opportunities for our employees' professional growth and development.
Agilyx is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We value mutual respect and diversity in the workplace and are committed to Employment Equity and Inclusion. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees that drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and do not discriminate any applicant's status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA