Reports To: Development Director
Location: Remote / Preference for the American Western States
This is an associate position and reports to the Development Director. The
Digital Fundraising Manager will be responsible for all of Guardians
digital fundraising, creating and delivering compelling and engaging digital
content to Guardians members, email activists, and social media followers. You
will be responsible for meeting clear goals related to growing each of these
audiences, and increasing Guardians total membership and membership revenue
exclusively from these digital channels. The ideal candidate will have proven
experience in online fundraising and will bring expert knowledge of cutting-
edge trends in email, social media, digital fundraising and advertising, and
SMS communications. The right candidate will also have experience partnering
with diverse teams and individuals to get buy-in and support for achieving
ambitious goals for both fundraising and digital advocacy. The Development
Director will prioritize work as needed but the Digital Fundraising
Manager will need to work independently and will have decision-making
authority over the work they manage.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Balance time and attention between digital fundraising, list growth, and paid social advocacy.
- Lead efforts, in collaboration with communications, development, programs, and organizing staff, to manage and expand digital and email member acquisition and conversion strategies. This includes aggressively growing Guardians email subscriber list and increasing revenue from Guardians current and new digital audiences.
- Oversee the development of strategy and calendar management for digital fundraising content.
- Create and design digital content; coordinate with Membership Manager on print content as needed.
- Oversee design and implementation of A/B and other testing to maximize advocacy and fundraising performance.
- Work with membership manager and digital systems specialists to oversee management and ongoing assessment of CRM systems.
- Partner with communications to monitor and analyze digital metrics, oversee email production and distribution, manage social media calendar and paid promotion.
- Advise and train organizational staff on email strategy, new tactics, and best practices.
- Partner with communications to manage broadcast SMS systems for digital advocacy and fundraising.
- Keep abreast of new trends in online advocacy, fundraising and organizing in order to provide creative ideas to the communications and development teams. Identify new opportunities and channels for digital fundraising and advocacy.
- Manage necessary contractors and vendors.
- Assist with other development projects and events as requested.
- Performs duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or proven experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital fundraising, paid advertising, social media, and online communication, preferred.
- Experience running successful and dynamic data-driven digital ad programs, peer-to-peer campaigns, and other email and member acquisition strategies required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current, emerging and innovative best practice in fundraising required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an exceptional and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to perform at a high level while working under multiple deadlines.
- Expertise in digital communications and social media platforms with a commitment to continued learning.
- Experience maximizing email deliverability and retention in an ever-changing digital ecosystem.
- Deep understanding of content management software, website development, and digital analytics, including Google Analytics.
- High awareness of news, politics, policy developments, and issues related to WildEarth Guardians vision and program work.
- Team player with experience collaborating with diverse individuals across multiple time zones.
- Ability to maintain high levels of competence, creativity, and professionalism.
- Committed to practicing WildEarth Guardians’ principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Passion for protecting the environment and wild world.
- Availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
- May occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends as needed to meet deadlines. Must be able to work at a computer for the majority of the workday.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website and fill out our online
application. Please no telephone calls or email
inquiries. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please