Senior Manager, Food & Forests
Food and Forest Program
Ceres is a nonprofit organization working with the most influential capital
market leaders to solve the world’s greatest sustainability challenges.
Through our powerful networks and global collaborations of investors,
companies, and nonprofits, we inspire equitable market-based and policy
solutions throughout the economy to build a just and sustainable future.
For more information about Ceres, please visit ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager will oversee programmatic work on the Food and Forests team
to improve the sustainability performance of companies with regards to
biodiversity and nature. Specifically, the Senior Manager supports engagement
with companies and manages the production and distribution of new research and
analysis on this issue area.
Ceres is searching for a highly motivated candidate with biodiversity or
nature resources experience and demonstrates strong facilitation, verbal and
writing communication, project management, and relationship management skills.
This position reports to the Food and Forests Director.
This role is a full-time position that may work remotely or in the Boston, MA
office. Candidates must be flexible to work with employees in all US time
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the production, release, and distribution of new research and analysis on nature loss and biodiversity
- Convene and manage a stakeholder group of representatives from NGOs focused on nature loss and biodiversity to inform corporate expectations and criteria for commitments
- Working with this stakeholder group, provide input into the expectations of companies to address nature loss and biodiversity. Develop sector-specific criteria for companies to address nature loss
- Work with partners to monitor corporate performance on sector-specific criteria and provide input into company-specific briefs and business case for investors to use in engagements
- Support the development and execution of programmatic strategy for Ceres’ Food and Forests work, including work planning, output delivery and progress evaluation
- Manage consultants to conduct research and deliver data and written materials, as needed
- Plan and execute educational events for investors and companies related to company performance
- Stay current on scientific and market developments related to biodiversity and nature
- Coordinate with other Ceres program teams (e.g., Investor Network, Company Network, Water Communications, Development, Operations) as needed to accomplish organizational objectives
- Assist the Program Director and Director in drafting funding proposals with the Ceres Development team, providing support for funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders
- Represent Ceres at conferences, seminars, press conferences and meetings as spokesperson for project or program work
- Assure that programmatic strategies maximize the impact of our work through a lens of social and racial equity
- Train and supervise other Food and Forests team staff or interns as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant program management experience in the corporate sustainability sector
- Prior experience in an NGO working on corporate sustainability
- Demonstrated knowledge of metrics and frameworks for companies to address nature loss and biodiversity through academic coursework or direct work experience
- Understanding of corporations including corporate reporting and business strategy tools, a plus
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with the ability to bring divergent ideas to a productive conclusion
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication, and presentation skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable deliverables
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated project management skills overseeing multiple projects and external relationships at the same time
- Effective presentation style and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), other database applications, teleconference and webinar systems and standard e-mail computer applications
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific Ceres’ applications necessary for success: Zoom, Salesforce, Bloomberg, listserv program, and others
- Prior experience training or supervising individuals from diverse backgrounds, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
Compensation: The hiring salary is $86,000 to $90,000 and pairs with
How to Apply
Join our team by applying to Careers at Ceres. We encourage all applicants to
review our website to learn more about Ceres’ goals, mission, and values.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If
you have questions related to the above or need a reasonable accommodation
under the ADA, please contact our ADA Coordinator at ADArequest@ceres.org.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or
employment based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or
veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Remote (United States)