Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager (SMM) at Oceanic Preservation Society (OPS) is responsible for our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok. There are a total of 8 accounts for our organization and films.
The SMM works in collaboration with the Campaigns Manager to present our ongoing campaigns to our online audience, amplify those of our partners, and provide updates and action alerts on high-focus issues to our online audience. The SMM must be proficient in content creation (both photo and video) and managing accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Content creation for each platform as well as adapting that content to each
platform’s preferred format
– Regular posting on each platform (daily on Instagram and multiple times daily on Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok)
– Fostering a sense of community by treating our followers as a group of fellow activists to increase engagement and participation in call-to-actions__
– Responding to all comments and messages from our online audience in a timely manner to answer any questions they may have on our campaigns, our stance on certain issues, and the nuances of those issues (supplementary information on these topics will be provided by our team)
– Curating content from our partner organizations to potentially amplify on our accounts
– Quarterly updates on channel growth for the OPS Board
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.