Position Announcement: Environmental Restoration Technician – Seasonal
Natural Shore Technologies (Independence, MN) is a well-established ecological restoration company serving the Twin Cities area. Our mission is to provide high quality restoration at a reasonable cost and passionately support environmentally sound land management. We design, install and maintain shorelines, prairies, rain gardens and other natural landscapes for public agencies, and commercial and residential clients. We have a nursery operation that provides Minnesota native plants to a wide range of commercial and retail clients.
We are looking for a motivated and dependable person with a passion for natural resources. The primary role of the Environmental Restoration Technician is to complete ecological restoration work in the field. This will be done by assisting Crew Leaders with aspects of ecological restoration projects, such as planting, seeding, tool maintenance, brush cutting, light equipment operation, herbicide application, and various other tasks. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in ecological restoration, plant identification, and maintenance activities.
· Utilize various types of equipment, including brush saws, weed whips, chainsaws, etc.
· Install native plant plugs and shrubs according to instructions and planned design of an area
· Control noxious and invasive weeds by hand pulling, herbicide application, and mowing
· Assist with nursery operations including transplanting and general organization
· Follow safety guidelines and procedures
Complete other tasks as assigned
Preferred Qualifications:* *
· High school diploma or GED
· Valid MN Driver’s License
· Working towards a degree in natural resource management or related field
· Clean driving record and ability to load and haul equipment and machinery
· Good native and invasive plant identification skills
· Experience in mixing and applying herbicides
· Ability to obtain Commercial Pesticide Applicator (Categories A & J) license within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements:* *
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Work in various weather conditions, such as rain, heat, and cold
· Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
· Wade or participate in work conducted in water bodies
· Work outdoors for extended periods
· Safely operate machinery and equipment
Hours: 40-50 hrs/week from April-October, with the potential for long term employment.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submittal Deadline: March 15, 2023
Independence, MN, USA