Location : Vancouver, WA, US Honolulu, HI, US Bend, OR, US San Diego, CA, US Federal Way, WA, US Anchorage, AK, US
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Northwest District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hardworking individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast including Alaska and Hawaii.
We have projects across the west coast including Alaska and Hawaii, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
• Monitor, forecast and communicate environmental costs at the project level.
• Identify and obtain applicable permits and manage as required in the Environmental Management System (EMS).
• Develop a comprehensive tracking matrix to capture all requirements.
• Review and interpret environmental specifications and drawings.
• Understand state and local regulations and review requirements.
• Prepare site specific plans and submit required reports.
• Provide input to work plans and participate in meetings.
• Communicate with field crews to ensure understanding of project environmental requirements.
• Identify project materials and vendors needed to support the environmental requirements at the project.
• Conduct applicable environmental training and field inspections and identify environmental risks.
• Organize data management and processes for projects and encourage production operations through development of new or existing programs.
• Communicate with internal and external agencies or customers in regards to environmental procedures.
• Coordinate, manage and implement project-wide environmental compliance programs and strategies at the project.
• Maintain records of all requirements and monitor compliance tools.
• Identify applicable environmental requirements at federal, state and local levels for the project which may include: hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, spill plans, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in environmental health, environmental engineering,
environmental studies, or another related field is generally required.
• Previous experience as an environmental coordinator may be required. Environmental coordinators must be organized and pay close attention to detail, as well as work effectively in a team setting and on their own with minimal supervision
• Interest in EHS function in a construction project setting or applicable, preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of environmental regulations
• Experience setting up training programs
• Familiarity with using computer and standard software
• Effective communicator
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $60,426 - $90,639
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
_We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com!
Base Compensation: $60,426 - $90,639
Vancouver, WA, USA