Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the
world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet
Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are
the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them
to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD
offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the
tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here
you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
As a member of the Warner Bros. Discovery Corporate Social Responsibility
team, this position plays a pivotal role in driving the company’s
environmental sustainability priorities and progress toward carbon emissions
tracking and measurable reduction. Working closely with the VP/Head of
Sustainability and other key internal stakeholders—such as production,
facilities, procurement/sourcing and travel—this position directs, develops,
executes and/or oversees the operational standards, guidelines, programs and
initiatives, and data management that contribute to the company’s carbon
emissions goals and sustainability priorities.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Collects, analyzes and manages greenhouse gas inventory and data for operations across the company, including facilities and production.
- Working closely with production/business unit stakeholders (film, TV—scripted and unscripted, news, sports, regional production) around the world, establishes and/or harmonizes company sustainability standards and guidelines for its varied production businesses in support of the company’s carbon reduction commitments. Ensures global rollout and adoption of guidelines, modifying when necessary to respond to changing regulatory, science and social landscapes. Sets short- and long-term targets and KPIs. Gathers, analyzes and presents baseline data and narratives. Oversees and/or directs related reporting.
- Serves as a partner to and thought leader with WBD Government Affairs to strategically address local government sustainability initiatives with implications to production (e.g., tax incentives) and operations. Identifies and executes on solutions that align with sustainable business goals.
- Serves as a key representative in industry production initiatives and sustainable production groups, such as the Sustainable Production Alliance, to accelerate and drive solutions that benefit WBD production targets and the industry at large.
- Partners with WBD Facilities and Studio Operations teams to ensure accurate greenhouse gas data collection for facilities around the world. Identify opportunities and develop and execute on plans to reduce Scopes 1 and 2 emissions at company-owned and leased facilities, including production studios. Sets targets and KPIs. Works with and/or directs vendors, as necessary.
- With procurement/sourcing, ad sales, consumer products, travel and other internal departments, develops and executes measurable plans to reduce emissions in key Scope 3 categories.
- Directs and, as necessary, supports Associate Manager, Sustainable Operations on day-to-day sustainable production program and collaboration with production teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned and as priorities change.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Minimum 8-10 years’ work experience in sustainability, ESG or operations, preferably in media and entertainment
- CSR and/or sustainability experience, including corporate level reporting and greenhouse gas accounting
- Media and entertainment production experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Graduate degree in sustainability, ESG, business, management a plus
- Must be a skilled strategist, adept in developing and executing on strategic plans and goals
- Results-driven; demonstrated ability to set and meet measurable goals, targets and KPIs
- Strong project management skills and ability to direct and delegate work
- Strong track record building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Strong data collection, management, analysis, reporting and visualization skills required
- Knowledge of global sustainability and ESG issues, regulations required
- Knowledge of and experience working with/in the entertainment production landscape preferred
- Ability to understand, distill and communicate to various audiences compliance, regulatory, data and climate science relevant to the business
- Experience managing staff
- Effective interpersonal skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
- Detail oriented and goal driven preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under time constraints preferred
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously preferred
- Flexibility and able to adjust to shifting priorities preferred
- Highly analytical, data driven and capable of managing large data sets preferred
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and schedule work effectively
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a confident public speaker
- Ability to navigate production, studio, corporate, nonprofit and government landscapes preferred
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Must be a team player
- Must possess a professional mannerism
- Must be able to work independently
- Must work onsite at one of our locations in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding
principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we
get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-
principles/ along with some insights
from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We
hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range
thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $126,350.00 -
$234,650.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short-
and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner
Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health
insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability
insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that
reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal
opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to
consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status
or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable
accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at
Remember to say that you found this opportunity at
Burbank, CA, USA