The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US
Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the
climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the
climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and
communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just
transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all
voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability.
Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or
who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage
applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on
The Climate Reality Project seeks a Digital Mobilization Senior Manager to
oversee digital mobilization initiatives at the organization. They will work
cross-departmentally and within the digital team to create and manage digital
advocacy and supporter journeys for our general audiences, chapter members,
and trained leaders across digital platforms.
This is a hybrid position, currently expected to work from Climate Reality’s
downtown DC office at least two days per week. The salary for the role is
$92,395 per year.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the
- Oversee digital mobilization strategy initiatives, in coordination with field and organizing teams, to move our supporters through the engagement funnel.
- Work closely with Creative team on creating compelling high-level messaging for our global audiences, including the Climate Reality Leaders, chapter members, and the general public to encourage them to take critical climate action.
- Act as primary contact for EveryAction and other engagement tools.
- Track the performance of campaign efforts and regularly report to organizational stakeholders.
- Project manage cross-channel (email, SMS, and community platform) content calendar.
- Collaborate with other members of the Digital Team to optimize our website, SMS program, email, community platform, and organic social media for optimum performance and user experience.
- Run regular testing of content to optimize performance and co-manage digital testing plan.
- Research new digital trends, tools, and benchmarks (and responding accordingly).
- Support and contribute to the ongoing improvement of our operations and enrichment of our culture, for example by serving on ad hoc or ongoing work groups, assisting with the onboarding and training of colleagues, and participating in efforts to assess, refine, and strengthen our culture and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communicator, storyteller, problem solver, and creative and strategic thinker, able to keep track of many moving parts with competing deadlines.
- A team player and people person who builds strong relationships and has the skills to resolve conflict while still maintaining important and effective relationships.
- Proven ability to turn ideas into actionable and measurable plans.
- Ability to give and receive feedback well.
- Track record of working effectively across multiple differences (race, gender, age, language, orientation, urban/rural, etc.).
- Care deeply about both climate change and environmental justice and want to work to solve the climate crisis and create a healthy and equitable future for all.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer required.
- This role will require some domestic and international travel.
Education and Experience
- Has a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience [LK1] strategizing, people management, and executing digital advocacy campaigns, ideally for an advocacy membership base or similar.
- Equivalent experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree welcome.
- Interest and some experience working with international audiences and content desired.
The Climate Reality Project has adopted a competency-based approach to job
definition, hiring, performance assessment, and professional development. The
following are our seven organization-wide competencies and examples of how
they manifest for this role.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Actively listens to others and seeks to understand diverse perspectives; proactively and effectively manages larger teams; demonstrates the ability to effectively supervise.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Demonstrates the ability to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances; takes initiative to solve problems, improve processes, and/or achieve outcomes; learns quickly when faced with new situations or systems.
- Written and Verbal Communication: Written communication is clear and concise; verbal communication is intentional and straightforward; clearly communicates a shared vision and priorities for the department; clearly conveys objectives, deadlines, and expectations to supervisees.
- Time and Project Management: Manages multiple competing priorities, tasks, and projects effectively; holds staff and self accountable for achieving objectives; effectively manages conflict among the team, seeing conflicts as opportunities, integrating diverse views and finding common ground, and settling differences in productive ways.
- Professional Development: Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder; supports supervisees’ professional development by providing opportunities to put skills into practice; connects supervisees to other advocates, experts, mentors, and resources and to substantive training opportunities.
- Climate Justice: Knows and understands how systems and structures perpetuate inequities internally and externally; fully supports the organization’s efforts to change said systems and structures; works to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment in Climate Reality spaces (workplace, events, trainings, and other convenings).
- Climate Reality Mission and Focus: Is passionate about Climate Reality’s role and mission and can act as a Climate Reality ambassador to a diverse set of audiences; stays up-to-date on climate trends, impacts and solutions.
In addition to organization-wide competencies, each role has its own
competencies. Below are examples of how each competency manifests in this
- Communication Skills: Works with internal and external stakeholders to co-create new ideas and implement project plans on department-wide priorities; ensures alignment of the department’s and organization’s messaging with department- and organization-wide goals.
- Technology and Data Systems: Possesses knowledge of common design tools, cross-channel marketing, and social media marketing.
- Strategy Development: Envisions, develops, and implements comprehensive digital engagement plans, message guidance, and strategies to grow an organization’s influence and impact and leverage opportunities at key moments; manages internal and external stakeholders on engagement strategy and campaign executions; demonstrates big-picture thinking with their digital communications strategy and ensures alignment of teams’ verticals with the organization’s overall strategy.
How to Apply
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people
of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. At Climate Reality, we are dedicated to building a diverse,
inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but
your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in this job
description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right
candidate for this or other roles.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other
category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all
aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life,
dental, vision insurance. 401K, Paid Parental Leave, and other benefits such
as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Washington, District of Columbia, United States