Have a passion for doing what’s right? So do we. Because we don’t just keep our prices low. We’re also using our innovations to lessen the impact of our practices. In the past couple of years, we’ve sponsored health and wellness programs, embraced solar power and so much more. On our Corporate Responsibility team, it’s as much about protecting our planet as it is our people – and your work will help do just that.
In this role the Sustainability Supervisor – Human Rights will lead a team of three to advance our commitments to human rights by working with buying teams, suppliers, consultants and other industry leaders. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working on complex human rights issues within supply chains and supporting supplier capacity building programs, excellent project management skills, and the ability to collaborate across a wide range of teams and stakeholders. An educational background in human rights and supply chain management is desired.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Works with team members to make decisions on products and operations based on Sustainability standards, supports escalated social and environmental issues, and promotes efficient implementation of department initiatives.
• Participates in the recruiting process and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to ensure mutual understanding of desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, while communicating and modeling the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Identifies and notifies their direct leader of recurring issues, providing suggested process improvements.
• Recommends to their direct leader disciplinary actions, dismissals, and promotions of employees in their area of responsibility.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned processes, strategy, and tactics; communicates approved changes to direct reports.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures within their area of responsibility conducting internal audits where requested.
• Ensures team strategies are aligned with department strategies.
• Ensures that all documentation in their area of responsibility is archived properly and ensures its disposal at the end of the archive period.
• Provides daily direction, assistance, and communication to internal teams, agencies, and vendors.
• Develops and maintains knowledge and understanding of Sustainability industry trends.
• Acts as a liaison for the Buying department regarding Sustainability related issues.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Ensures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary behaviors to perform optimally and meet current and future strategic goals.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Results: Sets a strategic vision for team and focuses attention on obtaining the best result for the team, department and ALDI overall.
• Leads and Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the team. Provides consistent direction and motivation in the current environment and in times of change.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Conflict management skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools.
• Ability to influence business decisions and provide fact-based recommendations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in managing human rights supply chain risks is required.
• Relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office, or a combination of both where a computer, and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Aurora, Illinois, United States