Reporting to the Operations Manager, Development Communications Operations,
the Development Coordinator runs systems to ensure that the Development
Communications team is efficient and effective in achieving the mission of the
department. This includes coordinating information systems to ensure that
materials are managed for most effective use, managing the team work-plan for
greater team efficiency, creating and coordinating emails to major donors, and
handling administrative tasks to help ensure smooth and high functioning
departmental operations. A successful coordinator brings project management,
information management, nonprofit communications and administrative expertise
to the Development Communications team.
This position can be performed remotely or on a hybrid arrangement out of our
DC, NY or SF office locations. Candidates must currently reside in and be
based out of the United States.
- Maintain the Development Communications work-plan and support the Operations Manager in running reports and creating presentations on team data.
- Communicate time-sensitive breaking news to donors; including coordinating with program and communications staff, formatting email communications, proofreading and formatting text and managing distribution lists.
- Support the team Operations Manager with process management for donor reports and proposals and other deliverables.
Establish systems and procedures to capture and store materials in our project space.
Work with the Development Communications team to problem-solve information management and use of the project space and fundraising database.
- Collect, document and track donor reports and proposals and other deliverables for the organization’s top donors.
- Track and organize email and team related data statistics in our project space.
- Work with other teams on information management to ensure efficient use of departmental data platforms and consistent communication between teams on available information and materials.
- Support Development Communications writers as needed with drafting, proofreading and formatting text.
- Support Development Communications writers as needed with gathering content and formatting visual communications materials (photos, videos and illustrations).
- Schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, process invoices, and complete expense reports for Development Communication team.
- Organize mailings (as needed) for department materials.
- Participate in department-wide initiatives, projects, meetings, retreats and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Minimum of three years administrative work experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree plus at least one year of administrative work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects or information systems and working with document libraries and shared project space tools.
- Strong proofreading skills and an eye for visual communications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, expertise in Excel, and experience with contact databases.
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed quickly, solve problems independently, and juggle multiple assignments on deadline.
- Willingness to conduct work via teleconference, telephone, email and Slack.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced, mission-driven work environment.
- Experience with fundraising databases and fundraising report-writing software (Salesforce experience a plus).
- Motivation to develop relationships and work collaboratively with staff in offices and remote locations around the world.
- Demonstrated experience embracing and actively promoting an inclusive and equitable work environment.
Please submit a cover letter with your submission.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary,
robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a
modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate
experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated
currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: