Reporting to the General Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible
for administering environmental programs and projects necessary to protect the
interests of NYMT while assuring compliance with Federal, State, local and
maritime environmental regulations as well as assist with the day-to-day
operation of New York Marine Terminals. Responsibilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Act as facility representative/coordinator for the Environmental Management Systems Program for New York Marine Terminals.
- Work with environmental management team and other available resources (both internal and external to the PA) to develop new and practical ideas and practices to help prevent, or respond to, any environmental issues that could occur at NYMT facilities.
- Provide technical and regulatory information to facility management, staff and tenants on all environmental issues, ensuring proper notification is made to regulatory authorities in the event of environmental incidents and/or discharges and provide technical assistance and regulatory information to emergency responders and facility management during incidents and/or discharges.
- Ensure environmental compliance by tenants as per leases and the Port Authority Marine Terminals Tariff FMC Schedule No. PA 10.
- Acts as customer service point of contact for facility users and tenants.
- Responsible for safety training and yearly evacuation drill coordination.
- Conduct facility tours and provide information on facility activities to visitors as necessary.
- Serve as back-up coordinator for public and private events (Special Events, Films and Photo Shoots) with facility management and other PANYNJ departments.
- Act as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) or Alternate Facility Security Officer (AFSO)
- Emergency responder liaison.
- Facility Fire Protection & Life Safety liaison.
- Security System liaison CCTV, radios, warning sirens, drill coordinator.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible
for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security.
- Incumbent must undergo training to obtain Facility Security Officer Certification.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental regulations and federal/state government processes.
- Demonstrated ability to handle environmental emergency situations and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects, manage time effectively and work independently.
- Demonstrated analytic and problem-solving skills; ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work with individuals at all levels, both from within and outside
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry and marine terminal operations is desirable.
- Knowledge of fire and safety codes is desirable.
Remember to say that you found this opportunity
New York, NY, USA