Provide compliant, cost-effective land-base management and value-added
environmental services which include (but not limited to): land sourcing and
permitting; nutrient management planning (NMP) and mapping; technical support
for operational compliance and product use; logistics and source destination
management; regulatory monitoring and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage land-base inventory to meet operational requirements and provide strategic growth for the business
- Prepare permit applications and NMP’s as needed for sites. This may include, but is not limited to: Soil and bio-solids sampling, analytical interpretation and waste characterization, geo-mapping services, interpretation of soil, tax and topographical maps; and applicable regulations to determine land base acceptability and compliant product use
- Facilitate compliance with all regulatory and permit conditions including frequent monitoring and reporting
- Provide information and presentations to farmers, regulatory agencies, municipal clients and the general public as needed
- Participate in professional and agricultural organizations as assigned
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and future customers and regulators.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public as well as trade show.
- Perform work in a safe manner while recognizing safety hazards and improved processes/procedures.
- Knowledge of bio-solids and other residuals management practices and regulations
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures, methods and techniques used in agricultural and/or farming operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel including executive management and customers
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, problem solving and relationship building skills
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Technology Savvy
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to travel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Agricultural, Silvicultural or Environmental field with an Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Environmental Science preferred
- Capable of certifying in an agricultural science discipline
- Valid driver’s license
- Safe driving record: No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years or DWI/DUI in last 10 years
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Standing, Sitting, and Walking.
- The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather
- The worker is subject atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to bio-solids
- This position requires travel and overtime.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge,
skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those
selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States