The Marketing and Events Coordinator plays a central role in advancing the
Tuolumne River Trust (TRT) mission to restore the greater Yosemite ecosystem
through community engagement. This position is responsible for coordinating
both internal and external events and marketing efforts that support TRT’s
offices in the Bay Area, Central Valley, and Headwaters.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing and Events Coordinator
serves as a vital member of the Development team. This role involves close
collaboration with program staff in the Bay Area, Central Valley, and
Headwater offices and encompasses a diverse array of responsibilities. From
Digital Marketing/social media management to graphic design, online and print
material creation and event coordination, this role serves as the central hub
of our organization. We are seeking an individual with an eye for design,
digital marketing skills, graphic design skills, and the ability to create web
and online updates, manage print production schedules, and enthusiastically
embrace new projects. The role also emphasizes event coordination, including
donor and engagement events, staff events, and fostering office collaboration.
Alignment with TRT branding and policy is crucial, and close collaboration
with the Marketing Manager is required.
Equity at TRT
TRT is deeply committed to equity, inclusion, diversity, and access, which are
fundamental principles integral to our work. As we welcome new team members
across all levels of the organization, we value diverse perspectives and lived
experiences that foster learning, creativity, innovation, and equity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate materials and assets with program staff for social media, with the goal of creating and posting all social media content.
- Serve as an editor and/or copywriter for Development and Marketing.
- Create digital marketing assets including video storytelling.
- Create content to support lead generation.
- Manage the photo library.
- Design print and online materials (design degree preferred but not required).
- Update the website, with Squarespace experience preferred but not required.
- Foster cohesion across all offices through internal communications and events.
- Confidently articulate Tuolumne River Trust’s mission, vision, and priorities to members, donors, and prospects.
- Develop and coordinate external events to generate funds, build a base of support, and increase membership.
- Plan, budget, locate, and book facilities, food, entertainment, and equipment for events.
- Plan and organize ticket sales and/or registration.
- Attend events to ensure high quality and resolve problems.
- Ensure events run smoothly.
- Coordinate the promotion and marketing of events.
- Coordinate event teams and volunteers to support events.
- Coordinate marketing materials for events with offices.
- Coordinate “outings” (hiking, biking, paddling, etc.) in Stanislaus and Tuolumne County.
- Lead outings and expertly present TRT’s mission and goals with enthusiasm and the ability to engage others.
- Coordinate internal events for staff and board engagement.
- Communicate events with all staff.
- Assist in team coordination for staff retreats.
- Photograph events.
- Act as an ambassador for TRT at all external events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years of event and/or marketing coordination experience.
- Design degree, graphic design experience, and/or a strong eye for design are strongly preferred
- Web design and/or Squarespace experience preferred.
- Skilled with social media platforms, content creation and engagement
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- A team player with a “can-do” spirit, willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while also functioning effectively within a team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Engaging and capable of bringing people together and inspiring others about TRT’s mission.
- Commitment to the long-term success of the Tuolumne River Trust and environmental conservation.
- Asana, Slack, Canva, and Bloomerang experience is preferred but not required.
- Bilingualism is desirable but not required.
Location and Travel
This is a hybrid position, requiring residence in the Bay Area, Modesto, or
Sonora. One monthly trip to other offices and one monthly meeting in Marin
County, CA are required, with the remainder of the work being remote. Regular
travel within our area of operation is expected to attend and coordinate
events and meetings.
TRT is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming and encouraging applications
from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt hourly position, with a pay
range of $24/hr-$30/hr contingent on qualifications, experience, and location.
Start Date: January 9, 2024
Benefits Package at TRT
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- Retirement plan with a 3% employer match.
- After a probationary period, you will start accruing 2 weeks of paid vacation per year, with an additional week added each year of employment, up to a maximum of 4 weeks per year.
- 17 paid holidays.
- 12 days of paid sick leave per year.
- Long-term disability coverage.
- Employer-paid $10,000 life insurance policy.
- 3 weeks of Paid Parental Leave for employees who have completed 2 years of employment.
- A flexible work schedule.
About Tuolumne River Trust (TRT)
The Tuolumne River Trust is dedicated to promoting the stewardship of the
Tuolumne River and its tributaries, ensuring the health and sustainability of
the watershed. Our mission spans from Yosemite National Park, through the San
Joaquin Valley, to the San Francisco Bay-Delta.
Founded in 1981, the Trust is the sole organization working comprehensively
throughout the watershed. We bridge Sierra and Valley conservation issues,
forging strong connections between rural mountain and valley regions and urban
Bay Area communities. TRT boasts a dynamic team of 19 employees, with offices
located in San Francisco, Modesto, and Sonora.
Our programs encompass the following areas:
- Engaging in the federal relicensing of Don Pedro Dam, which regulates stream flows in the lower Tuolumne River, and the State Water Board’s update of the Bay Delta Water Quality Control Plan, aimed at improving river flows for fish and wildlife in the lower Tuolumne River.
- Improving water management policies in the Bay Area and Central Valley to promote river restoration goals while supporting healthy economies and communities.
- Restoring floodplains, riparian forests, and other habitat along the lower Tuolumne River, as well as conifer forests, meadows, and streams in the Sierra Nevada.
- Building public support for watershed stewardship by connecting people to the River through education, outreach, and adventures.
- Educating schoolchildren about the importance of the Tuolumne River to our region.
By linking mountain, valley, and Bay Area conservation issues and engaging
people through education and outings, the Trust builds broad support for
watershed stewardship. Our strategic approach melds advocacy, education,
collaboration, scientific inquiry, and litigation when necessary to address
threats and take advantage of conservation and restoration opportunities. To
learn more about the Tuolumne River Trust, please visit our website at
How to Apply
Please send an email with a cover letter, resume, and writing sample as
attachments, using the subject heading "Marketing and Events Coordinator," and
send it to [email protected]. This position
will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
California, United States